Yesterday I was doing some block laying (maybe a post about that some other time) in the drizzle. I crouched down to move a piece of wood off the ground when I discovered this little fella…
Anyway it got me thinking, was it a frog or a toad?
Being a 21st Century man, later in the day I took to the internet and used this little website called google (don’t know if you’ve ever heard of it) to find out the answer.
Here is what I found:
1. Frog are more likely to be found in or near water.
2. Toads are a bit more brave, so if it hops away as quickly as it can, then you’re probably looking at a frog.
3. If it has a long sticky out tongue then it is a frog. Toads have to walk right up to their meal.
4. Most toads have bumpy skin whereas frog normally have smooth skin.
5. Finally, frogs have much larger stronger back legs than toads.
Well what do you think I had found? I’m pretty sure this little dude is a toad!